Boys & Girls Clubs get a refresh on old Exergame products
The Boys & Girls Clubs of America has had a lot of success with interactive fitness gaming solutions that offer physical, cognitive and social benefits to players of all ages.
The updated products offer multiple program options and continuous upgrades through software. These products include:
- MultiBall Interactive Wall Gym will create the biggest impact in your multi-purpose or Gym Space. It has a giant video screen and includes 50 programs for education, fitness and sports
- Beam Projection: Turns a Floor, Table, or wall into an Interactive play surface for the younger kids. Library of over 100 games and growing.
- Fun Table Games: Large tablet with 50+ Programs, plus download nearly any Android Game.
The common theme these products have is that they are continually evolving. The user has a choice of multiple games to choose from, multiple ways to play the games and always fresh content.
The Exergaming products being replaced at Boys & Girls Clubs around the country are heavy hardware products that take up a lot of space, and have very limited programs. May times you will get only a few games to choose from. We all know that kids will get bored quickly with variety and options.
The common products being replaced at Boys & Clubs of America (BGCA):
- 3 Kick: Old product that users punch or kick a pad indicated by a light. When you kick the pad, another light goes on. Comes with 3 Games and no ability to update. Limited to 1-2 players at a time.
- Heavy Ball: Old product that users drop a weighted ball in a hole indicated by a light. When you drop the ball on the pad, another light goes on. Comes with 3 Games and no ability to update. Limited to 1-2 players at a time.
- Sportwall: Wall with 7 Light targets. Users touch the wall with the indicated light. When you touch the wall, another light goes on. Comes with 5 Games and no ability to update. Limited to 1-2 players at a time.
- Makoto: 3 Towers shaped in a triangle. Users touch the light target. When you touch the target, another light goes on. Comes with several Games and no ability to update. Limited to 1-2 players at a time.
Do these games all sound familiar? They all have the basic concept of a whack-a-mole game. Fun for a short period, but for long term play and exercise they become stagnant quickly.
- iDance: Based on the DDR – Dance Dance Revolution from the late 90’s and early 2000’s. Players follow the music and step according to arrows on the screen. IDance was great in the 2000’s, but the games and software has not been updated in 10+ years and the product is expensive.
- Iwall Fitness: Two 65” Samsung TV’s hooked up to a Kinect camera. Comes with several games with a couple new releases per year. It is a very expensive option, limited to 2 players at one time.
- GameBike and Exerbike are connected to game consoles like Xbox and PlayStation. Users ride the bike while playing the same video games they play at home. User is not in control of speed and does not have to peddle the bike in order to play. Kids figure this out quickly.
The common theme these exergame products have is that they have not evolved. They are for 1-2 users and have a limited choice of games to choose from, there is not multiple ways to play the games and no fresh content.
The Boys & Girls Clubs or America offer access to young people to reach their full potential, offer children a safe place to learn and grow, and they have a broad range of programs designed to develop children's character, leadership skills, health, and life skills.
The new interactive fitness games in these facilities fit in with the core programs, and promotes physical activity, interpersonal and social skills, and positive, healthy choices in daily life.
Axtion Technology goal is adding Interactive Fitness Games to your Kids and Family program areas to foster movement, play, fitness, cognitive development, and social interaction.
We do this by finding the best products that meet these key criteria:
1) Engaging and attractive looking products that will draw attention.
2) Multiple Game Play options, for all ages, single and team play.
3) Durable design and easy maintenance for years of use.
- Tags: Product Guides
- Edwin Kasanders